(Please see by-laws for a detailed description-here is a brief summary)
- President – Be the CEO and general manager of the Corporation and supervise and control all of the business and affairs of the Corporation, subject to the direction of the Board; perform all the duties incident to this office and such other duties as may be required by law, or as the Board or these Bylaws may require; preside at all meetings of the Directors and make regular reports to the membership at large; represent the School at district meetings; communicate with the Principal to stay regularly apprised of School and district activities; oversee all committees and the board’s roles, responsibilities, and duties; be responsible for Corporate filing.
- Vice President – in the absence or disability of the President, or in the event of the President’s refusal to act, perform all of the duties of the President, and when so acting, will have the powers of, and be subject to the restrictions on the President; development and delivery of fundraising activities; monitor and report on fundraising participation levels and provide input for yearly fundraising plan for the PFC.
- Secretary – certify and maintain an original or copy of these Bylaws as amended, and if a PFC website is available, see that the notes of open and general Meetings are posted to the site for its members; be custodian of the official legal and corporate records of the Corporation including filing the correct corporate documents
- Treasurer – The Treasurer shall in coordination with the Controller: have custody, and be responsible for all funds and investments of the Corporation, and deposit all such funds in the name of the Corporation in such banks, trust companies, or other depositories as may be directed by the Board; receive, safely keep and ensure money handling procedures are followed for money due and payable to the Corporation; present financial status reports at regular meetings of the Board, or as otherwise determined by the Board; have responsibility for preparing and monitoring the budget of the Corporation; Follow the Corporation’s Internal Controls and Cash Policies; keep and reconcile the Corporation’s checkbooks and bank accounts; be fingerprinted, which will be paid for by the Corporation, prior to handling any funds incoming or outgoing; Follow the cash handling procedure as documented by the board.
- Controller – The Controller shall in coordination with the Treasurer complete all the duties as defined above under Treasurer.
- Director of Volunteers – Keep a list of all volunteers and subcommittee volunteer signup sheets; coordinate room parent meetings; liaison between Board and volunteers; identify chairpersons for event.
- Director of Communications – Represent the face of the PFC; newsletters, announcements, website; coordinate all communication between the PFC and school to maximize communication to all its Members.
- Director at Large – Assist the other Officers and Directors to fulfill their duties; this person may serve in a co-management capacity for any other Board Member’s role; be assigned specific duties by the President and/or any other Officer.
PFC general meetings are 6 times a year along with monthly working session meetings. These working meetings are held in the morning or evening depending on the preference for all Board members. The general meetings are usually a mix of mornings and evenings in order to accommodate the schedules of the Dougherty Community.
There are 8 board positions (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Controller, Director of Volunteers, Director of Communications and Director at Large). However, there can be co-officers. For information regarding the officer positions you can review the bylaws, hard copies are available in the office and soft copies are available on the PFC website. General job descriptions are attached.
Qualifications as defined in PFC Bylaws:
All Directors (including all Officers) must (1) be Members, (2) have the skills necessary and desirable qualifications individually to fulfill the duties of the position in which they serve (3) have the ability to work cooperatively with the Board and membership to fulfill these duties of the position in which they serve and further the purposes of the Corporation, (4) be able to attend greater than seventy-five percent >75%) of the monthly meetings and working sessions on a regular basis. (PFC Bylaws, 4.2(f))
All nominees will be individually required to submit their qualifications in the form of a resume or statement of qualifications by the close of the nominating period. Slate nominations and /or qualifications will not be accepted. (PFC Bylaws, 4.2 (g))
Click HERE to print an application. Once it has been filled, you may drop it at the office for processing. Thank you!
Questions regarding the 2017 – 2018 PFC Board nomination and/or election process should be emailed to email@example.com. Thank you!